Hero MotoSports riders consolidate their top 20 positions in Stage 8 of Dakar 2022
After the fast Stage 8 of Dakar 2022, the Hero MotoSports' riders cement their positions in the top 20 overall rankings, with Joaquim Rodrigues now in 15th overall, and Aaron Maré in 17th. Strong performances from JRod and Maré in the stages 7 and 8 have made sure the two Hero riders are well in the top 20.
Stage 8, from Al Dawadimi to Wadi Ad Dawasir, saw the riders start off the near-400km special in the dunes, before tackling some wet stretches of land, and finally valleys that threw up a lot of navigational challenges for the riders. JRod finished the stage in 7th, while Maré finished in 19th. The results from the previous Stage 7 saw JRod finish in 6th, with Maré in 18th.
Maré actually had a very strong start to the stage leading a pack of riders early on, only losing time through a small navigational error that saw him drop places as well. Stage 7 also represented the first special after the rest day, which gave JRod time to recover from a couple of minor crashes on the preceding stage.
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio officially revealed ahead of June 27 launch, to be named Scorpio-N
- 2022 Citroen C3 to be a premium B-segment offering
- 2022 Tata Nexon EV Max review, road test - real-world range tested!
- 2022 Hyundai Venue facelift to launch in India in June
- Radically-styled fourth-gen Hyundai Tucson to launch in India in H2 2022