Toyota Japan launches sporty GR sub-brand
After showcasing the Yaris GRMN at the Geneva show earlier this year, Toyota Japan has now announced the entry of its sporty sub-brand GR. GR stands for Gazoo Racing, Toyota's racing wing in Japan. The Toyota GR sub-brand will cater to sporty vehicles and in three different categories - GR Sport, mid-level GR and the top-spec GRMN. Toyota's racing expertise and know how from motorsport events like the 24 hours of Nurburgring will be used in developing these vehicles. For the Japanese market, the Yaris will be the Toyota GR sub-brand vehicle that will first be launched and later on followed by the Harrier and 86.
The Toyota GR sub-brand will cater to sporty vehicles and in three different categories - GR Sport, mid-level GR and the top-spec GRMN
Primary changes to Toyota GR vehicles include a different grille, GR-branded bucket seats, silver accent stitching, and a differently executed start-stop button. The base Toyota GR Sport trims will get a handling-oriented suspension, additional braces, a pop-out tachometer, black gear shifter, drilled aluminum pedals, and a smaller flat bottomed steering wheel. Toyota GR models get Sachs shocks, additional bracing and a manual shift mode in CVT models that imitates a 10-speed automatic gearbox.
Toyota GR models get Sachs shocks
A total of 39 Toyota GR racing shops are expected to be set up in Japan soon.
- FeaturesReplicas of "World's First Car" being made in Coimbatore
- NewsDucati teases a new Monster, to be unveiled on December 2
- NewsGovt of India: Only BIS certified two-wheeler helmets can be manufactured and sold in the country
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application