Scania to set up new manufacturing facility in Bangalore
Scania Commercial Vehicles India will be setting up a new plant in the Narasapura industrial area in Bangalore. The company will be investing Rs 2.25 billion in this unit over the next five years with Rs 1.50 billion being invested in the coming year. The first truck will be rolling out by 2013. Initially, the plant will assemble bus and trucks as a CKD. At a later point, Scania also plans to include coach building and service workshops to this facility. Within the next five years, the company plans to roll out 2000 heavy haulage trucks and 1000 inter-city coaches and buses from its plant.
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Government confident of local manufacturing of lithium-ion EV batteries by 2022
- 2021 Triumph Trident 660 first ride review
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home