Renault Kiger exports to Nepal begin
Renault India has now begun exports of its newest offering, the Renault Kiger. Nepal is the first country to get this Indian-made sub-four-metre SUV, with the first batch of 122 units dispatched.
Prices for the Renault Kiger start at NPR 24.5 lakh. On comparison, the SUV costs from Rs 5.64 lakh in India. The version being sold in Nepal is mechanically identical to the Indian version.
The base engine option is the B4D naturally aspirated 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol that puts out 72PS at 6,250 rpm and 96 Nm at 3,500 rpm, pairing with a five-speed manual or a five-speed AMT. The other engine option is the HRA0 1.0-litre three-cylinder turbo-petrol. This motor makes 100PS at 5,000 rpm and 160 Nm at 2,800-3,600 rpm when paired with a five-speed manual. The torque output drops to 152 Nm at 2,200-4,400 rpm when paired with the X-Tronic CVT.
Based on the Renault Nissan CMF-A+ architecture, the Kiger is 3,991mm long, 1,750mm wide, 1,605mm tall and has a wheelbase of 2,500mm. Ground clearance is 205mm while boot-space is a useful 405 litres.
The Renault Kiger will be offered in Nepal through Renault's distributor - Advanced Automobiles , part of Vaishal Group, one of the larger businesses in Nepal. This association gives Renault 15 sales and 13 service outlets across Nepal. Renault has also stated that the Kiger will be exported to other South Asian markets following this.
Starts Rs 5.45 Lakhs
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Yezdi is back, three bikes launched; price range 1.98 - 2.09lakh
- 2022 Toyota Hilux specifications revealed ahead of India launch
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained