Porsche announces Macan base variant with four-cylinder engine
Porsche has revealed the base variant of the Macan compact SUV that will be powered by a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder unit. The Macan will now have a total of four variants - the base, Turbo, S petrol, and the S diesel. Indian market will be getting the Macan Turbo and the S diesel, while Porsche is yet to reveal its plan for the base variant.
The base variant gets subtle visual changes at the rear. Instead of the quad tail pipes seen in the S models, the base Macan will get dual rhombus-shaped exhausts.
The 2.0-litre, four-cylinder engine generates 240PS of power and 350Nm of peak torque. All other variants draw power from V6 engines. The transmission will be a dual clutch PDK unit capable of propelling this car from 0-100kmph in 6.9 seconds using all four wheels with a top speed of 223kmph.
The base variant has a claimed fuel efficiency of 13.33kmpl.
The standard features on the base variant are multi-function steering wheel with paddle shifters, 18-inch wheels, automatic rear tail gate, comfort seats covered in Alcantara and dual zone climate control. Panoramic sunroof, cruise control, power steering plus, PASM air suspension, 21-inch wheels and front/rear park assist can be ordered as options.
Starts Rs 69.98 Lakhs
- 2022 Kia EV6 review, first drive - a surreal experience
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio officially revealed ahead of June 27 launch, to be named Scorpio-N
- 2022 BMW i4 electric 4-door coupe launched in India, prices start from Rs 69.90 lakh
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza spotted filming ahead of its launch
- Kia EV6 bookings open in India ahead of June 2 launch