Mercedes-AMG GT to be launched in India in March 2015
The Mercedes-AMG GT is set to be launched in India by March 2015, confirm our sources close to the brand. The AMG GT will replace the SLS AMG as the new flagship sportscar for the brand and will be priced between Rs 2 crore and 2.25 crore for the base and S variants.
The GT uses a 4.0-litre biturbo V8 that puts out 462 PS and 510 PS for the GT and GT S variants respectively, with claimed naught to 100kmph sprint figures of under 4 seconds. Top speed for the GT is in the range of 310kmph. The engine is mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission and an electronic differential. It is suspended from a double wishbone suspension with electronically controlled damping. The safety tech on-board the sportscar is adaptive braking, attention assist, the pre-safe preventing safety features and the high-beam assist. Radar guided stuff like the lane-keep assistance, collision prevention and radar guided cruise control won't make it to the Indian roads. The GT is constructed making generous use of aluminium and is claimed to be a lightweight operator. But what does all this translate to on the road? Read Bert's review to find out.
Also read: 2015 Mercedes-AMG GT S review
Starts Rs 2.27 Crore
- News2021 BMW S 1000 R gets Euro V engine along with more tech and new styling
- NewsCOVID19: Maharashtra to screen travellers from NCR, Rajasthan, Goa and Gujarat
- NewsDucati updates XDiavel and Scrambler range for 2021
- News2020 Suzuki V-Strom 650XT BSVI priced at Rs. 8.84 lakh
- NewsClassic Volkswagen Beetle converted to EV by CERCA