Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Cross Concept showcased at Indonesia International Auto Show
A Maruti Suzuki Ertiga MPV with more oomph has been showcased at the GAIKINDO Indonesia International Auto Show (GIIAS) - however, the MPV is in its concept stage. The Cross suffix with the Ertiga appears to have different meaning this time as the vehicle seems sleeker and does not get jacked up suspension and extra body cladding. In fact, the additional body kit appears sporty and the stance looks to be ground hugging.
The fascia is new - the honey-comb grille has been ditched for plain horizontal slats. The headlamp assembly is identical to the current MPV on sale. The rear gets a differently designed hatch. The side silhouette is same as the current car on same, however the MPV seems to have a lower ride height and the wheels fill the wheel with its larger 10-spoke alloys shod with low-profile tyres.
Inside, thee dashboard gets an overhaul and the seating arrangement now gets a row of two captain seats. The Ertiga Cross concept is a six-seater.
The engine on offer could be the newly developed 1.5-litre petrol and diesel that we see in the India spec car as well. However, an offering of an all-electric drivetrain for the international markets cannot be overlooked.
The Ertiga Cross could be launched in India in the second half of 2019 and the MPV will rival the likes of Renault Lodgy. Expect a price hike of Rs 30-40,000 over the current Ertiga and it could retail between Rs 8-12 lakh ex-showroom India
Image Source - India Car News
Also see: The new Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is a matured people-carrier | First Drive Review
Starts Rs 7.55 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector