Maruti launch the 2012 A-Star
Maruti's small car offering, the A-Star gets a refresh for the New Year. The company now offers the A-Star with new alloy wheels and an integrated rear spoiler. On the interiors front, the 2012 A-Star gets dual tone beige and black upholstery. Maruti have also put in 50:50 split rear seats and more cubby holes in the cabin. Airbags and ABS are now optional on the A-Star with two new colour options, Glistening Grey and Pearl Caffeine Brown.
Maruti haven't tinkered with the engine and the new A-Star retains the 998cc K10B petrol engine with 67PS of power and 90NM of torque, mated to a 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic transmission. The new A-star is available in five variants - LXI, VXI, VXI AT, ZXI and ZXI (with ABS and airbags). Prices start from Rs 3.66 â" Rs 4.40 lakh, ex-show room Delhi.
Speaking at the launch, Shashank Srivastava, chief general manager, marketing said, "A-star is one of the most vibrant brands in our portfolio. Some of its high points such as contemporary styling, dynamic handling and ride quality, best in class turning radius, power, flat torque and superior performance has made A-star a popular choice especially amidst the youth. The smart modifications in the spiced-up A-star are in line with customer feedback and seek to enhance the overall look, feel and comfort of the buyers. "
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled, India launch by July
- 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron electric SUVs debut with up to 520 km range