Maruti Ciaz recalled in India for potential clutch issue
The recently launched Maruti Ciaz has been recalled for potential clutch trouble. Maruti has very ambiguously cited "a suspected fault in a relevant part" as reason for recalling the 3,796 Ciaz units manufactured up till November 7, 2014. Obviously, this recall applies only to the Ciaz cars with manual transmission. Maruti dealers have already started contacting customers for the same. Replacement of the part, if needed, will be done free of cost.
The Ciaz was launched in India in October this year. Maruti offers it with a choice of petrol and diesel engines. The standard transmission is the five-speed manual, however there is also a four-speed auto being offered with only the petrol engine. The Ciaz is Maruti's warrior in the C-segment and goes up against the City, the Verna as well as the VW Vento and Skoda Rapid.
More from OVERDRIVE on the Maruti Ciaz
Starts Rs 10.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.49 Lakhs
- 2021 Honda Gold Wing Tour launched at Rs 37.20 lakh
- Skoda Kushaq to be offered in three variants at launch
- 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio leaked in design patents ahead of festive season launch
- Living with an electric car: Mumbai-Pune roadtrip in a Tata Nexon EV
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar launched in India, prices start from Rs 16.30 lakh