Maruti Ciaz recalled in India for potential clutch issue
The recently launched Maruti Ciaz has been recalled for potential clutch trouble. Maruti has very ambiguously cited "a suspected fault in a relevant part" as reason for recalling the 3,796 Ciaz units manufactured up till November 7, 2014. Obviously, this recall applies only to the Ciaz cars with manual transmission. Maruti dealers have already started contacting customers for the same. Replacement of the part, if needed, will be done free of cost.
The Ciaz was launched in India in October this year. Maruti offers it with a choice of petrol and diesel engines. The standard transmission is the five-speed manual, however there is also a four-speed auto being offered with only the petrol engine. The Ciaz is Maruti's warrior in the C-segment and goes up against the City, the Verna as well as the VW Vento and Skoda Rapid.
More from OVERDRIVE on the Maruti Ciaz
Starts Rs 10.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.49 Lakhs
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- 2021 Force Gurkha deliveries begin across India
- Comparison review: Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate