Kia EV6 scores a 5-star rating in Euro NCAP safety test
Following lengthy testing by Euro NCAP, Europe's top independent safety testing organization, the all-electric Kia EV6 crossover, which will be launched in India on June 2, has been granted the highest safety grade. The Kia EV6 received a 5-star rating, showing the vehicle's outstanding safety qualities.
The Kia EV6 will be the South Korean automaker's first foray into the Indian electric vehicle market. The pricing of the EV6 in India will be disclosed on June 2, but Kia India has already started accepting orders for a nominal fee of Rs 3 lakh.
The Kia EV6 will be built on a specialized EV platform and will include a big battery pack with a range of up to 528 km per charge. The EV6 not only has excellent hardware, but it also has a modern appearance and a well-designed interior with cutting-edge technology.
The EV6 scored 90 percent for adult occupant protection, 86 percent for child occupant protection, 64 percent for vulnerable road users such as pedestrians and 87 percent in the safety assist category, which assesses a vehicle's ability to deploy a comprehensive suite of crash-avoidance technologies.
Eight airbags, automatic emergency braking, lane assist, speed assist, seatbelt reminder, driver monitoring system, and other features were included in the Kia EV6 model assessed by Euro NCAP.
Starts Rs 59.95 Lakhs
- Tata Tiago EV launched in India, prices start from Rs 8.49 lakh
- Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.45 lakh
- Facelifted Tata Harrier spotted testing, expected to debut in early 2023
- Are Hybrids the Answer? And Should The Path To Electric Mobility Be Via Strong Hybrids?
- Price Comparison: Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Vs Hyundai Creta Vs Skoda Kushaq Vs Kia Seltos Vs Volkswagen Taigun Vs MG Astor