Jaguar showcases the C-X17 concept at the Dubai Motor Show
Last week, Jaguar's C-X17 concept premiered at the Dubai Motor Show 2013. The SUV displayed at the show had a new paintjob- 'Liquid Aluminum' liquid metal finish, different from the delectable electric blue colour version displayed at the Frankfurt Auto Show.
A 'Liquid Aluminum' finish on the C-X17
The C-X17 introduces Jaguar's new 'Advanced Modular Aluminium Architecture'. This new monocoque architecture, internally codenamed iQ[Al], will underpin future Jaguar cars. The architecture boasts of high-strength, lightweight and stiffness also favouring mass production, without compromising the character, dynamics, performance and luxury of the vehicles. The first car to be based on this platform will be a mid-size sport, a competitor to the 3-Series. Production of this model will start come 2015.
As part of its portfolio expansion, Jaguar may bring the production model of the mid-size sedan, placed below the XF, in 2015. It is still unconfirmed, but the road-ready C-X17 could see light in 2016. It has also been confirmed that the concept will also make its presence felt at the Delhi Auto Expo in early 2014.
- NewsIndian EV manufacturer BGauss inaugurates first dealership, commences deliveries of A2 and B8
- NewsRenault Kwid-derived Dacia Spring EV hatchback unveiled in Europe
- NewsTata Motors achieves momentous production milestone at four million cars and counting
- Review2020 Porsche Cayenne Coupe road test review
- FeaturesAtal Tunnel Rohtang: Benefits and Precautions -- Insights from Vijay Parmar, organizer, Raid De Himalaya