Intermot 2016: BMW Motorrad to enter India in two stages
Heiner Faust, ?vice president - sales and marketing, BMW Motorrad, told OVERDRIVE exclusively at the Intermot show today that BMW Motorrad is looking at entering India in two steps. The first step - our sources say within the month - will include almost all of the current BMW Motorrad motorcycles excluding the G 310 R.
Faust indicated that Indian paperwork, homologation etc. is taking time and that means the Indian-made single-cylinder will come later. Our estimate is January 2017. Faust declined to confirm.
When asked about the possibility of leveraging the Thailand plant to offer good prices, a route Ducati and Triumph already use rather well, Faust smiled. He said, "I cannot tell you this thing."
The upshot is that most of the BMW line is set to arrive in India shortly. An official announcement is expected to reveal prices and dealers shortly. We are hoping for reasonable prices for mid-capacity motorcycles, as ever.
Starts Rs 16,65,000
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector