India-made Royal Enfield Himalayan BSVI priced at an equivalent of Rs 4.5 lakh in Philippines
Indian two-wheeler major Royal Enfield has a presence in the Philippines market with motorcycles such as its flagship 650cc parallel twins, Classic 500 and the Bullet 500. Adding to this portfolio is the company's purpose-built adventure tourer Himalayan BSVI. This made-in-India dual-sport motorcycle from Royal Enfiled has been priced at 299000Php which translates to an equivalent of Rs 4.5 lakh.
Much like the Himalayan BSVI offered in India, the one sold in the Philippines too is offered with a choice of six colours namely Rock Red, Granite Black, Snow White, Sleet Grey, Gravel grey and Lake Blue. And all these colours are priced identically. In terms of specifications, the single-cylinder, 4 stroke, SOHC, air-cooled, fuel-injected 411cc motor puts out 24.3PS at 6,500rpm and generates a torque of 32 Nm at 4,000 to 4,500rpm, mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
In other news, Royal Enfield has set up a new local assembly facility outside India in Argentina. The local assembly of Royal Enfield motorcycles is being done in association with Grupo Simpa, RE's local distributor in the country since 2018. This is the first time that Royal Enfield has added a new facility outside its Chennai plant. The local assembly unit in Argentina will be based at Grupo Simpa's facility located in Campana, Buenos Aires. As a part of the initial phase, three motorcycles will be assembled at this plant - the Royal Enfield Himalayan, the Interceptor 650 and the Continental GT 650. More details here.
Starts Rs 1,86,811
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Tata Motors clocks 108 per cent growth over last year
- NewsCar Sales November 2020: Hyundai India records highest ever numbers for the month
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Kia Sonet becomes bestselling compact SUV again
- NewsCastrol India launches Power1 Ultimate full synthetic two-wheeler engine oil
- NewsYamaha FZS FI gets a Vintage Edition with BT connectivity, priced at Rs. 1.09 lakh