Review: riding gear by Royal Enfield
The launch of new riding gear always catches our attention, and an Indian motorcycle manufacturer launching riding apparel couldn't go unnoticed. Royal Enfield will finally begin sales of its riding jackets, pants, boots, gloves, helmets and buffs that were shown at the Auto Expo. Luggage is expected to be launched soon. We got a chance to try their mesh and leather jackets, riding pants, gloves, helmets and neck buffs. The mesh-textile jacket boasts of a better fit than the leather one, and is more comfortable. However it uses a lining inside which reduces breathability. The leather jackets feel a tad too tight around the back, especially when trying to crouch on the motorcycle. Also, the sleeves on the leather jacket are too long, and remain loose even when zipped up.
The gloves look comfortable but could have been thicker and could wear out soon
The textile pants look good, but the fit could have been better. Also the knee protection is too small and tends to slide below the knee. The gloves look comfortable but could have been thicker and could wear out soon. The fit of the AGV helmets leave something to be desired, and half-face helmets feel more comfortable. The neck buffs are extremely comfortable and easy to use, and should be useful in both hot and cold weather. The prices are up on the RE website, but the highlight here is the fact that finally a manufacturer has realised the importance of safety for motorcyclists.
The textile pants look good, but the fit could have been better
Available from royalenfield.com
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh