Coronavirus impact: Ola donates Rs 50 lakh to Tamil Nadu CM Relief Fund
Ola has donated Rs 50 lakh to the Tamil Nadu CM's Relief Fund as help to fight the Coronavirus pandemic. The company already contributed Rs 5 crore to the PM CARES fund and the company has pledged another Rs 3 crore to the CM Relief Fund of several states.
Bhavish Aggarwal, co-founder and CEO of Ola Group, said, "We are facing one of the biggest humanitarian crises of our time and the Ola Group remains committed to helping states, communities and those most affected by the pandemic. We extend our humble contribution to the state of Tamil Nadu as we work together towards fighting COVID-19. We are grateful to the men and women, who in these extraordinary times, are serving at the front lines in these challenging times."
The Ola Foundation takes care of the social welfare activities or corporate social responsibility (CSR) part of the company and it has launched the "Drive the Driver Fund". The employees of the company have contributed Rs 20 crore for the cause. Over that, Bhavish also pledged to donate one year's salary for the fund.
The company has resumed its services in orange and green zones while taking preventive measures to curtail the spread of the Coronavirus. This includes over 100 cities across the country and the company is also providing emergency services in red zones.
- NewsHyundai i20 N unveiled with over 200PS and six-speed manual
- NewsVolkswagen India appoints Ashish Gupta as brand director
- NewsOver 50,000 bookings for the Kia Sonet, diesel models account for 40 per cent
- NewsNissan Magnite revealed: Everything we know so far
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite global unveil, exterior styling, interiors, features, engines, variants, details