Citroen C5 Aircross SUV launch postponed to early 2021
French carmaker Groupe PSA has decided to postpone the launch of its first product for India, the Citroen C5 Aircross. The Compass-rivalling SUV was slated for a debut late in 2020, but the COVID-19 pandemic's economic repercussions have driven the Citroen to this move.
"While reiterating its commitment to India, given the current scenario where people at large are concerned about their personal well-being and health and automotive purchase is not a priority, Groupe PSA in India in close co-ordination with its new dealer partners has decided to re-time the launch of its debut vehicle Citroen C5 Aircross SUV to Q1 2021, while ensuring industrial readiness," the company said.
The company clarified that this doesn't affect its other planned products for India. The carmaker will launch two more models here over the next three years. The first of these is the smaller C3 Aircross SUV and another model developed from the ground up in India, through its C-Cubed program.
The Citroen brand is well on its way to being established in India, the company has set up a JV with the CK Birla Group to set up manufacturing facilities and has put in place its financial arm. In response to the Coronavirus pandemic, the company has shut its offices and plants in keeping with social distancing guidelines.
- FeaturesAtal Tunnel Rohtang: Benefits and Precautions -- Insights from Vijay Parmar, organizer, Raid De Himalaya
- NewsMaharahtra government in talks with Tesla to set up India facility
- NewsRenault expands Indian presence, with 34 new sales and service touchpoints
- Review2020 Hyundai Tuscon facelift road test review
- NewsFacelifted Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 Coupe SUV to launch in India on November 3