BMW India's 40,000th locally assembled car rolls out
BMW India which has been present in the country since 2006 has its own manufacturing facility in Chennai. This plant which was opened in 2007 now produces most of BMW's passenger cars and SUVs excluding the M range.
The Chennai plant has now rolled out its 40,000th car in the form of a white 5 Series. Around Rs 400 crores have been invested in this plant by the German manufacturer. On a double shift, the plant can manufacture up to 11,000 cars in a year.
BMW will be launching the new M3 sedan and M4 coupe in India as well as the Mini 3- and 5-door models this Novembers. Along with this, the i8 super car and new M5 are also expected to be launched this year.
- ReviewComparison: 2020 BMW G 310 GS BSVI vs KTM 390 Adventure BSVI
- NewsRoyal Enfield Classic 350 dual-channel ABS gets two new colour options, Metallo Silver and Orange Ember
- ReviewBMW R 18 First Edition road test review
- NewsVolvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV expected to launch in India in 2021
- NewsVolvo S60 to launch in India in March 2021