Auto Expo 2014 : BMW X5
BMW showcased the new BMW X5 at the Auto Expo 2014, which is larger, more luxurious, quicker and more efficient than before.
It will be powered by 3.0 litre diesel mill, this will develop 258PS @ 4000rpm and 560Nm of torque @ 1500-3000rpm. The SUV as it was evident from our drive late last year is back to contention to being the best in its class. BMW also has an electric hybrid version of it on offer as a concept. The new X5 also gets additional space pockets inside the cabin. The engine is now more refined and is mated to the smooth and quick shifting 8-speed automatic gearbox that helps offer an even better combination of power and efficiency. BMW claims that the sprint to 100kmph takes only 6.9 seconds (0.7 seconds quicker than the 2013 model) and despite power going up slightly, fuel consumption has gone up by a claimed 16 per cent.We are expecting it to be launched later this year.
Starts Rs 74.9 Lakhs
- Mahindra XUV500 to be discontinued, could return as two-row XUV700
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar prototype first drive impressions