Auto Expo 2012 - AMW shows a bus and two new trucks
Asia Motor Works (AMW) unveiled two new trucks and its bus at the 2012 Auto Expo held in Delhi. The trucks are 4928 TR tractor, 2528 TP tipper while the new bus is a 14.3-metre long, front engined one called the Magnus.
The 4928 TR tractor is a 49-tonne tractor gets a new cabin and is powered by a 270PS, common-rail, electronically controlled, Cummins diesel engine, mated to a nine-speed Eaton gearbox. The 2528 TP tipper also gets a new cabin and the same engine as the 4928 TR tractor with the same power but with a 9-speed ZF transmission.
The cabin of both these vehicles has been made by Stile Bertone in Italy. AMW claims that with a length of 2307mm, width of 2435mm and height of 2913mm, it is one of the largest cabins in the market. Similar to European trucks, both these vehicles have GPS navigation system, LED screen for entertainment and sleeping berth for the driver.
AMW has an integrated manufacturing facility at Bhuj, Gujarat with a planned capacity of 50,000 commercial vehicles per annum.
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled, India launch by July
- 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron electric SUVs debut with up to 520 km range