Audi confirms plans of new Q1 and Q8 SUVs
Rupert Stadler, chairman of the board of management of Audi AG confirmed launch plans for the upcoming SUVs like the entry-level Q1 and the sporty Q8 at the 126th Annual General Meeting of Audi AG.
He mentioned in his speech that the Q1 is to be launched in 2016, and he also confirmed the Q8 as "a sporty Q derivative" that's on the way. He added that the last of the upcoming SUVs from Audi would be a sporty electric Q series with a range of over 500 kilometres. Stadler stated that the electric SUV would only be launched in 2018.
The Q1 would be sold as the cheapest SUV offering from Audi while we expect the Q8 to be the most expensive SUV from Audi and will go head-to-head with the luxurious BMW X6 at the other end of the premium SUV market.
He later on spoke about Audi's future plans and said that in 2015, the three most important vehicles by Audi would be the new Q7, the R8 and the A4. More than 5,40,000 units of the first generation Q7 were produced and hopes that the new Q7 will be just as successful. He also said that this year, Audi would add 12 new models to its current lineup.
Starts Rs 1.34 Crore
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 95 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030