10 lakh BS-VI cars already sold in India
It has barely been a week since the BS-VI regulations have come into force and it seems we have already crossed 10 lakh in BSVI car sales. Yes, we have been in lockdown for more than two weeks but, with the BS-VI shift long scheduled, carmakers had already switched to the new set of engines to ensure minimum retention of old stocks.
Maruti Suzuki was the first mover, launching BS-VI compliant cars as early as April 2019. Starting with its bestsellers, the Baleno was followed by the Alto and then the Swift twins. No wonder Maruti Suzuki has sold over 7.5 lakh BS-VI cars till date. Now on, with the diesels no longer in picture, Maruti will have an all-petrol line-up with the S-Cross set to join in a month's time.
Hyundai also started in mid-2019 with its BS-VI compliant petrol engines on offer while the diesel engines came along in early 2020. The 1.2-litre and 1.5-litre BSVI diesel engines are expected to rake in more numbers after the lockdown lifts up as Hyundai will try its best to fill the void left by Suzuki diesels.
Mahindra pipped Tata Motors to the launch of BS-VI as Tata launched its new fleet at the Auto Expo 2020. Suprisingly though, the third largets seller of BSVI cars in India is Kia as the Seltos has been a BSVI compliant car since its launch and now has sold over 80,000 cars already in India.
Now that we already hit the first million, if we get to see the next million by the end of this quarter i.e. mid-2020, the automobile sector in India will be back on track!
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2
- NewsUpcoming KTM Adventure motorcycles: 250 Adventure launch in November 2020, 890 Adventure expected in 2021
- News2020 Bajaj CT 100 KS, priced at Rs 46,432, is the most affordable 100cc motorcycle
- NewsMercedes-Benz India delivers 550 cars during Navratri and Dussehra 2020
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno reaches 8 lakh sales milestone in 5 years