WRC: Toyota Yaris WRC prototype caught testing in Spain
The Toyota WRC caught testing in Spain
Pictures have appeared on the Internet showing the Yaris WRC prototype in asphalt mode, with aero changes not seen before. Main changes since the car was publicly launched at the Paris Motor Show are at the rear of the bodywork. It is not known whether the enormous rear wing on the car represents the design which the FIA will approve, but it is now only days before the homologation application papers must be filed.
The test was reported to be at La Trona stage, a stage in the Costa Brava region well known to team chief Tommi Makinen from his own world championship driving days, 15 or more years ago.
Toyota's participation in the 2017 season of the World Rally Championship indicates their return to the sport for the first time since the 1999 season. Toyota will thus be the fourth of the manufacturer teams to make it to the championship in 2017, in addition to Volkswagen, Hyundai and Citroen.
Starts Rs 9.29 Lakhs
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia
- Facelifted 2021 BMW X3 and X4 unveiled with heavy interior revisions
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar bookings begin in India, interiors revealed
- Toyota Yaris to be discontinued this month, rebadged Ciaz replacement?
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh