World's costliest number plate for sale at Rs 132 crore
Customised number plates in regions where they are allowed are as much a show of the vehicle owner's enthusiasm as they are a mark of individuality. And while there are some vehicle registration plates that are much sought after, this is possibly the most sought-after vehicle registration plate of them all. And it will cost you a whopping Rs 132 crore! The number plate reading 'F1' has been put on sale in the UK by its current owner Afzal Kahn. Kahn is the owner of UK-based Kahn Design, and uses the number plate for his Bugatti Veyron.
Kahn had himself purchased this number plate for a tenth of the price at Rs 10.52 crore earlier this year. And to precise, he is selling it for Rs 110 crore, while the remaining amount includes 20 per cent VAT as well as transfer fee. Number plates can be purchased by vehicle owners and hence they are free to put them on sale or auction them off. The 'F1' number plate is on sale on Regtransfers, a leading supplier of number plates in the UK.
Other users of the website include footballers David Beckham, and Wayne Rooney, as well as other celebrities. So far the most expensive number sold in the UK was 'D5' to Balwiner Sahani at Rs 67 crore. The number plate '1' was similarly sold for Rs 66 crore in 2008.
Starts Rs 12 Crore
- 2021 Force Gurkha deliveries begin across India
- Comparison review: Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate