Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV expected to launch in India in 2021
Volvo Cars India has said that in 2021 its focus for the Indian market will be on electric vehicles. And with Volvo XC40 Recharge being the only BEV it sells globally, it's not difficult to expect that the electric SUV could be next in line for an India debut after the Volvo S60 sedan.
The XC40 Recharge is powered by two electric motors, one on each axle for a combined 408PS and 660 Nm output. This is fed by a 78kWh battery placed under the floor of the SUV. The XC40 Recharge can cover 400 km in a full charge. The battery charges to 80 % of its capacity in 40 mins on a fast-charger system.
The XC40 Recharge looks almost identical to the standard car, save for the new body-coloured fascia in place of the grille. On the inside, the new additon is Volvo's new Android-based infotainment system. There are Recharge badges all around and the charging port replaces the traditional fuel filler.
The XC40 is currently sold in India with a petrol engine option. This is a 2.0-litre unit that makes 190PS and 300 Nm and pairs with an eight-speed automatic. This T4 R-Design version is priced at Rs Rs 39.9 lakh. As for the XC40 Recharge, we expect it to come at a significant premium over this.
Starts Rs 39.9 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh