Volkswagen emission scandal: South Korean prosecutors raid VW office
South Korean prosecutors raided the local offices of Volkswagen in line with the emissions scandal probe. Homes of few high ranking officials from the organisation as well as those from the quality control were also raided.
The prosecutors confiscated the hard-drives, documents and letters that were exchanged between the local offices and the manufacturer's headquarters in Germany. This was done after the MD of Volkswagen's local manufacturing unit commented that "recall call plan for emissions-cheating vehicles was legally deficient."
Last month, the environmental ministry filed a case against Volkswagen Korea as the emissions levels of its cars were found to cross the permissible values.
In India Anant Geete, union minister of Heavy Industries, commented that cars from Volkswagen India have been found to exceed the permissible emissions level by nine times. He also informed that the road transport ministry has been instructed to take necessary action against the German car manufacturer.
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh