Volkswagen Polo GT TDI to launch in India soon
Volkswagen has been constantly launching various variants of its hatchback, the Polo. The German manufacturer recently launched the turbo petrol GT TSI and the Cross Polo diesel. The next variant that is expected to be launched is the GT TDI. This is basically the Polo with the Vento's 1.6-litre diesel motor. This engine swap is expected to bump up the car's power output to 105PS and 250Nm. This also means the car will be the quickest diesel hatchback when it goes on sale.
Volkswagen GT TDI caught testing
The car has been spotted testing as well, most of which have been camouflaged but a few test mules have been spotted with GT TDI badging.
Expect the car to be offered with the same dual-clutch automatic from the GT TSI and a manual transmission as well. The latter should be priced lower than the GT TSI, while the automatic version could be evenly priced to its petrol sibling. For those looking for diesel economy and strong performance from a hatchback, the GT TDI will be a good choice. Expect the car to be out on roads by next month.
Starts Rs 6.17 Lakhs
- 2021 Honda Gold Wing Tour launched at Rs 37.20 lakh
- Skoda Kushaq to be offered in three variants at launch
- 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio leaked in design patents ahead of festive season launch
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh