Upcoming Toyota Glanza hatchback spotted undisguised at stockyard
The upcoming Toyota Glanza, a rebadged version of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno hatchback, was spotted at a Toyota dealer stockyard undisguised, ahead of its July launch. The Glanza gets a new, more chrome-laden grille design to differentiate it from its Maruti Suzuki twin. Also noteworthy is the deep red paint scheme of this car, this colour option seems unique to the Glanza as well.
Other than this, the Toyota Glanza will look largely like the Baleno with similar bodywork, interiors and styling. The Glanza is expected to come with a single BSVI petrol motor. We think this will be the older 1.2-litre K12B unit with its 84PS and 115Nm. Transmission options will be a manual and a CVT.
The Glanza is set to be available in two trims, in both manual and CVT. We expect it to get most features of the Baleno like climate control, push-button start, rain sensing wipers, touchscreen infotainment with Android Auto/Apple Carplay. Toyota could offer its own warranty package, accessories and aftersales services with the Glanza.
Prices of the Toyota Glanza should be slightly higher than that of the Baleno. Toyota will also launch a rebadged version of the Vitara Brezza after the Glanza while Suzuki will bring its own version of the Corolla Altis. Both carmakers are also co-developing a new MPV, that will sit between the Ertiga and Innova.
Image/Video Source: Indian Autos Blog
Starts Rs 7.22 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh