Upcoming Hyundai Verna facelift spotted testing in China
The Verna seems to have seen quite an extensive redesign for a mid-life update. The sharp angular elements that have debuted in the facelifted Elantra and new Sonata seem to have been carried over here. The headlamps are now much larger and swept further back, the octagonal grille is now more sharply cut as well, as are the bumpers. The rear again has smaller, but angular taillamps and a full-width reflector. Adding to this are the recessed vertical reflectors and a single bumper-mounted rear foglamp.
We think the interiors will get subtler changes. A larger infotainment screen, better safety tech and the blue-link connected -car tech can be expected when the car launches in India. The engine options will most likely remain unchanged.
The two engine options are a 1.6-litre petrol and a 1.6-litre diesel. The petrol produces 123 PS and a peak torque of 151.022 Nm. The diesel has outputs of 128 PS and 258.90 Nm. Both engines are available with a 6-speed manual transmission. Additionally, the petrol version offers a six-speed automatic option. A 1.0-litre turbo could be added to this with this refresh.
Image source: TeamBHP
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
- 2021 Honda Gold Wing Tour launched at Rs 37.20 lakh
- Skoda Kushaq to be offered in three variants at launch
- 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio leaked in design patents ahead of festive season launch
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar launched in India, prices start from Rs 16.30 lakh
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia