Upcoming Hyundai Verna facelift spotted testing in China
The Verna seems to have seen quite an extensive redesign for a mid-life update. The sharp angular elements that have debuted in the facelifted Elantra and new Sonata seem to have been carried over here. The headlamps are now much larger and swept further back, the octagonal grille is now more sharply cut as well, as are the bumpers. The rear again has smaller, but angular taillamps and a full-width reflector. Adding to this are the recessed vertical reflectors and a single bumper-mounted rear foglamp.
We think the interiors will get subtler changes. A larger infotainment screen, better safety tech and the blue-link connected -car tech can be expected when the car launches in India. The engine options will most likely remain unchanged.
The two engine options are a 1.6-litre petrol and a 1.6-litre diesel. The petrol produces 123 PS and a peak torque of 151.022 Nm. The diesel has outputs of 128 PS and 258.90 Nm. Both engines are available with a 6-speed manual transmission. Additionally, the petrol version offers a six-speed automatic option. A 1.0-litre turbo could be added to this with this refresh.
Image source: TeamBHP
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
- NewsMahindra Thar scores four stars in Global NCAP crash tests
- News2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid facelift unveiled internationally
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and SBI tie-up to offer financial benefits
- NewsPorsche Taycan sets world record going sideways
- NewsIndia two-wheeler helmet market is projected to grow at a double digit rate, Sidhartha Khurana, STUDDS