Upcoming 2019 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz 1.5 diesel engine specifications leaked
A report on the internet has published more details of the new 1.5 litre diesel engine that Maruti Suzuki is set to introduce soon. This motor will be available on the Ciaz and Ertiga and on the S-Cross too.
The 1,498cc engine has been developed in-house and makes 95.17PS at 4,000rpm and 225Nm at 1,500-2,500rpm. This motor will be paired with a new six-speed manual transmission. This motor will eventually replace the earlier 1.3 litre Fiat-sourced motor to keep in line with the new BSVI norms coming in April 2020. The new motor is BSIV-compliant as of now. A BSVI version will be launched close to the deadline. Maruti Suzuki is possibly doing this to deter the steep price hike that will come with the BSVI-compliant engine.
The document suggests that the new engine will be offered only on the top-spec Delta, Zeta and Alpha trims. The engine is being called the DDiS 225. It will come with no mild-hybrid assistance but will see a fuel economy improvement to 26.82kmpl.
This is an important development for Maruti Suzuki. The company had been heavily dependent on the Fiat 1.3 litre diesel so far, but there has been some shuffling in the auto industry in India, over the introduction of the BSVI norms. The new motor will form the basis on which Maruti Suzuki carries on its momentum going into 2020.
Also see: Maruti Suzuki Ciaz 1.5 Diesel Road Test Video
Starts Rs 8.2 Lakhs
- NewsEV chargers planned for over 69,000 petrol pumps across India
- News2020 Toyota Innova Crysta facelift launched in India, prices start from Rs 16.26 lakh
- News2021 BMW S 1000 R gets Euro V engine along with more tech and new styling
- NewsCOVID19: Maharashtra to screen travellers from NCR, Rajasthan, Goa and Gujarat
- NewsDucati updates XDiavel and Scrambler range for 2021