Unveiled 2013 Peugeot 208 XY and 208 GTi
Just days before its global unveiling at the 2012 Paris Motor Show, Peugeot has revealed details and images for its new 208 XY and 208 GTi. Compared to the 207 GTi, the 208 weighs 165kg less and its 1.6-litre turbo engine now produces 200PS of power and 275Nm of torque. The company says that the use of a close ratio 6-speed manual gearbox with revised suspension, firmer steering and anti-roll bar with stiffer spring rates contribute to a 0-100kmph dash under seven seconds. Customers can even switch off the electronic stability program completely in the 208 GTi.
All GTis will have a chequered car motif on the grille, chrome exterior trim, roof-mounted rear spoiler, black rear skirt and chrome exterior trim. At launch, the company will be offering 50 special GTis in Satin Pearlescent White colour with 17-inch black alloys. The special trims will have a numbered plaque, French flag on the grille and standard satellite navigation system.
While Peugeot will open sales for the 208 GTi by spring next year, the 208 XY aimed at urban people will go on sale a tad later.
- Great Wall Motor quits India after 2 years of operation
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza facelift dimensions, variants revealed ahead of launch
- Mahindra Scorpio-N Vs Mahindra XUV700: What's different?
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder officially unveiled