Union Budget 2017: Rs 64,000 crore allocated for national highways in India
Amid great expectations, the Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has presented the Union Budget 2017-2018 in the Lok Sabha. Automobile manufacturers in India had already expressed their expectations from the Union Budget. While more details of that are still not out, Jaitley announced that 140,000km of highways have been built in 2014-15, exceeding that done in the previous three years.
Jaitley further added that 133km roads per day were constructed under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) which is double to that done on 2011-14 at 73km per day. The finance minister also raised the allocation from Rs 57,676 crore to Rs 64,000 crore in FY18 to accelerate the development of the national highways. All of these are expected to boost the automobile sector in India.
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh