TVS Jupiter Classic Edition launched in India at Rs 55,266
TVS Motor Company on Tuesday announced the launch of a retro-styled version of its popular Jupiter scooter. Called the Classic Edition, the two-wheeler is priced at Rs 55,266 (ex-showroom, Delhi) and will be available at all TVS dealerships across the country.
The Jupiter Classic Edition brings out its timeless theme with a sunlit ivory body colour, 'Classic Edition' decals; chrome round mirrors, bar-ends and backrest; classic dial art and a dual-tone seat. The scooter also gets a smart USB charger and a windshield. The biggest change is the new 220mm disc brake, which will help bring the scooter to a halt in a hurry.
Under its new clothes, the scooter remains the same Jupiter, with its 110.9cc all-aluminium construction engine that produces 7.99PS at 7,500rpm and 8Nm at 5,500rpm. This is not necessarily a bad thing, seeing as how the Jupiter in its standard guise had impressed us with its smooth, quick ride.
With the addition of practical features, the package makes more sense for a buyer with leanings towards classic style. In the Rs 55,000 range, the other scooter with a front disc brake is the Yamaha Ray-ZR, which is also the Jupiter Classic's polar opposite with edgy styling and graffiti-style decals.
Seeing the current popularity of modern classic styling, the TVS Jupiter Classic will definitely find takers among those who may not want to splurge on the dearer offerings from Vespa.
Starts Rs 54,349
Starts Rs 50,817
Starts Rs 53,451
- NewsCar Sales November 2020: Hyundai India records highest ever numbers for the month
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Kia Sonet becomes bestselling compact SUV again
- NewsCastrol India launches Power1 Ultimate full synthetic two-wheeler engine oil
- NewsYamaha FZS FI gets a Vintage Edition with BT connectivity, priced at Rs. 1.09 lakh
- NewsNovember 2020 sales: Bajaj Auto sells 3.84 lakh two-wheelers, registering a growth of 12 per cent