Third generation Maruti Suzuki Dzire crosses the three lakh sales figure
In yet another development which shows Maruti Suzuki's dominance over the Indian car market, the company's popular sub-four-metre sedan, the Maruti Suzuki Dzire has crossed the three lakh unit sales figure. This is for the third-generation model currently on sale.
This generation of the DZire has been on sales since May 2016 and just in the last six month,s sales have stood at anywhere between 22 to 25,000 units per month. The company says that 25 percent of buyers have chosen to go with the top-spec Z+ trims.
The DZire is available with two engine options, a 1.2-litre petrol which puts out 83PS/113 Nm and a 1.3-litre diesel with 75PS/190 Nm. The two transmission options are a five-speed auto and a five-speed AMT.
Notabe features on the top-end Dzire include automatic LED projector headlamps, LED taillights, LED daytime running lamps, rear AC vents and a touchscreen infotainment with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Mirror-link compatibility. It also gets anti-lock brakes (ABS) and driver and front passenger airbags as standard equipment across the range.
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
- Nissan Magnite: Best-in-class, throughout
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Jeep Meridian 7-seater SUV spied testing in India ahead of early-2022 launch
- Top 5 most fuel efficient SUVs in India
- 2021 Toyota Land Cruiser customers in Japan to sign no-resell undertaking, bookings suspended