Tata Nexon EV is India's best-selling EV, over 1,000 units made
Tata Motors has rolled out over 1,000 units of the Tata Nexon EV. The carmaker has reached this milestone in just over six months of the electric SUV's debut in India. With this, the Nexon EV is the best-selling EV in India with over 62 per cent share of the market as of Q1 FY21.
The Nexon EV's lithium-ion battery is of 30.2kWh capacity and feeds a permanent-magnet AC motor that puts 129PS and 245Nm through the front wheels. This allows for a brisk 0 to 100kmph time of 9.9s, the top speed is limited to 120kmph. The SUV will do over 312km on a full charge as per the ARAI, a real-world range of around 240km can be expected in the real world.
There is a single-speed gearbox with two drive mode options, Drive and Sport. In the Sport mode, there is a torque boost of up to 60 per cent to give you the full 245Nm. Through a DC fast charger, the Nexon EV will reach 80 per cent capacity in 60 minutes. The car can also be plugged into any standard power socket, which takes eight hours to get from 20 to 80 per cent charge.
When bought outright, the Tata Nexon EV is Rs 13.99 lakh for the base XM trim level. The XZ and top-spec XZ Lux variants cost Rs 14.99 lakh and Rs 15.99 lakh respectively (All prices are ex-showroom pan India). Tata Motors has now introduced a subscription plan for the Tata Nexon EV. Consumers will not need to buy the electric SUV outright, instead, an all-inclusive monthly rental starting from Rs 41,900 can be paid. Know more about the Nexon EV's subscription schemes here.
Starts Rs 13.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
- NewsNissan Magnite launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite India launch, prices, specifications, features, engines, mileage, interiors
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Tata Motors clocks 108 per cent growth over last year
- NewsCar Sales November 2020: Hyundai India records highest ever numbers for the month
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Kia Sonet becomes bestselling compact SUV again