Tata Nexon compact crossover concept to be unveiled at the 2014 Auto Expo
Tata will showcase a compact crossover concept at the Expo. This concept SUV will be based on the Vista's X1 platform. It takes styling cues from the Aria SUV and looks to challenge the Ford EcoSport and Quanto.
Powering the Nexon concept will be the recently unveiled 85PS/140Nm Revotron engine. This engine will be mated to a new 5-speed gearbox. Tata is also rumored to bring in an automated manual system in the Nexon concept.
This gearbox will function similar to Maruti's Celerio and should take the fatigue out of changing gears while giving the fuel economy similar to a manual.
Tata will also put a diesel engine under the hood of the Nexon. It will likely be the 75PS multijet which makes 190Nm of torque. It will come mated to a manual box.
Knowing Tata's expertise at pricing their cars very competitively, expect the Nexicon to undercut some of its well established competition.
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.99 Lakhs
- Top 5 most fuel efficient SUVs in India
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Jeep Meridian 7-seater SUV spied testing in India ahead of early-2022 launch
- Production-spec Mahindra XUV700 leaked ahead of launch, interior teased
- Nissan Magnite: Best-in-class, throughout