Tata Motors hands over 10 Nexon EVs to the Gujarat government
Tata Motors won the agreement of EESL and was asked to deliver 300 EVs measuring under 4 metres and deliver a range of up to 250 km. Tata had earlier delivered the Tigor EV and now, the Indian carmaker has started the deliveries of Nexon EV. Tata has delivered 10 Nexon EV cars to the government of Gujarat and they will be used by government officials.
The land of Gujarat also holds the tallest statue in the world, of the Indian statesman Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. The statue stands at the height of 182 metres that is double the height of the Statue of Liberty. Gujarat government aims to make it India's first e-vehicle only region. With over 6,000 Nexon EVs on road, Tata is enjoying 70 per cent of the EV market share with the Nexon EV.
Tata Nexon EV is the first electric crossover for the masses and it comes powered with a 30.2 kWh battery pack. The motor puts out 129 PS and offers a claimed range of 312 km. Tata Motors is soon to launch the Tigor Ziptron EV that will get the same Ziptron powertrain as that of the Nexon EV. It is expected to deliver a similar range and power at a much lower price. Tata is going to launch the Tigor Ziptron EV on August 18th.
Starts Rs 13.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.3 Lakhs
Starts Rs 14.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.75 Lakhs
Starts Rs 11.99 Lakhs
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained
- Yezdi is back, three bikes launched; price range 1.98 - 2.09lakh