Tata Motors announces new electric mobility business with Shailesh Chandra at the helm
In keeping with the growing movement of the automobile industry towards greener technologies, Tata Motors has announced the creation of its new electric mobility business vertical. And to show its seriousness, the company has promoted its executive committee member Shailesh Chandra as the president - electric mobility business and corporate strategy. Tata had also made more announcements regarding its e-mobility business last week. Tata Motors has already won a major contract with government organisation EESL for delivery of 10,000 Tata Tigor electric vehicles (EVs).
Chandra has played a key role in the project in association with EESL. Speaking about the future of mobility, Tata Motors CEO and MD Guenter Butschek said, "Tata Motors is optimistic about the future of Electric vehicles and would play a leading role in the electric mobility evolution in the country. We will also leverage on the capabilities of other Tata Group companies to develop the full ecosystem and fast-track the adoption of e-mobility."
Starts Rs 5.75 Lakhs
- Indian Auto Industry Forced to Dance to Government's Changing Tunes
- 2023 Tata Nexon facelift review, first drive - focused on the positives
- 2024 Jeep Compass 4x2 AT review, first drive - widening the net
- 2023 Honda CB200X launched in India at Rs 1.47 lakh
- New Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 engine and dimensions details revealed