Tata HBX spotted testing ahead of festive season debut
The Tata HBX has been spotted testing under camouflage. The small crossover is expected to debut in the Indian market around the festive season.
The test mule shows that the basic shape from the Auto Expo show car has been largely carried over. The SUV inspired chunky body panels, the high window line and the small LED tail lamps with the three-edged Tata motifs can be seen here. Expectedly, much of the heavy body cladding from the concept is not seen here. Although not visible here, the front of the car is expected to come with a similar slim front grille and the slim squarish headlamps, although a more toned down faux skid plate is expected.
The interiors are expected to feature a 7-inch floating touchscreen infotainment unit and a semi-digital instrument cluster display. There is also the new steering wheel from the Altroz. The dash design has a unique boxy theme to it with a stepped layout and squarish air vents.
The HBX is expected to be powered by the same 1.2-litre petrol engine as seen on the Altroz. This makes with 86PS at 6,000rpm and 113 Nm at 3,300rpm. This is expected to be paired with a 5-speed manual and an AMT. It is based on the ALFA structure, same as the Altroz.
The Tata HBX will compete against rivals such as the Mahindra KUV100 and the Maruti Suzuki Ignis. It is expected to be priced around Rs 5 lakh when it launches.
Spy image source: Rushlane
Starts Rs 4.89 Lakhs
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know