Superbikes to be part of the JK Racing Championship in India
It's been a while since superbikes last raced in the country. However, after a hiatus from the domestic motorsport scene, superbikes are all set to make a return. For the 2014 season of the JK Racing Championship, there will be ISBK races in two classes - 600cc Super Stock Experts and 1000cc Super Stock Novices. In order to compete in the superbike races in ISBK, individual membership for the year is Rs 5000 and that for a team for the year is Rs 10,000.
K Rajini after his win in the 600cc superbikes
In addition, entry per race weekend will be Rs 5000, which totals to Rs 20,000 for the four-round championship. ISBK will transport the motorcycles to and from the track, while also providing each rider and mechanic with AC train tickets to and from the track, and in a move to encourage superbike racing further, also give each starter taking to the grid Rs 5000.
The first round of the Superbike races will take place during Round 1 of the JK Racing Championship to be held between the 30th of May and 1st of June, 2014.
- NewsOver 50,000 bookings for the Kia Sonet, diesel models account for 40 per cent
- NewsNissan Magnite revealed: Everything we know so far
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite global unveil, exterior styling, interiors, features, engines, variants, details
- FeaturesDefinitive luxury
- NewsAll-electric GMC Hummer unveiled, with 1,000PS and 560+km driving range