Spied: Tesla Semi electric truck spotted testing
Tesla Inc. debuted the Semi electric truck in a grand event last month. At the time of unveiling of the electric truck, Musk states that the trucks will go into production in the next two years. While the event did give us an idea of what the Tesla Semi electric truck would look like, it has been recently spotted doing rounds around one of Tesla's facilities.
Tesla Semi Truck #tesla #teslasemi #teslasemitruck #truckspotted #carspotted #carporn #truckporn #allelectric #electric #instavid #vidoftheday #teslahawthorne #teslahq #teslaheadquarters #teslaroadster #roadster
The all-electric Tesla Semi truck bears a distinct design thanks to the flexibility afforded by the lack of a big diesel motor under its hood. The Tesla Semi has enough power to propel itself to 100kmph in 5 seconds, and this timing with its max payload of 36,000kg stands at 20 seconds. The Semi truck can even climb up a 5 per cent gradient at 105kmph, something a diesel-powered competitor will accomplish at no more than 72kmph. The aerodynamics of the Tesla Semi result in a lower drag coefficient than on a supercar, claims Tesla Inc.
Tesla Semi electric truck is expected to arrive in the international markets by 2020
The Tesla Semi uses individual electric motors on each wheel, which are also found on the Tesla Model 3. It also uses the same door handles as the Model 3. The electric power, however, has been used here so as to maximise function. The Semi charges up at solar-powered Megachargers and can get 640-odd miles of range on a 30-minute charge.
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh
- KM3000 and KM4000 electric bikes launched in India, prices start from Rs. 1.27 lakh