Spied: New Mahindra XUV500 in India
Launched back in September 2011, the XUV500 shook up the market with its laundry list of features. Fast forward to 2015 and the XUV500 does look a bit long in the tooth now. To address the issue Mahindra has given its flagship a little makeover.
The images reveal a new grille, a la the recently launched Scorpio. Seems like the Mahindra designers have taken a liking to the fanged grilles. The headlights are essentially the same, except for the S-shaped LED DRL strip that weaves around the projector and main beam lights.
The fog lamps get rather gaudy looking chrome surrounds. The turn indicators are now clear lens and the new XUV500 gets a fresh alloy wheel design.
The interiors, in this image looks the same, save for a new beige colour palette that looks more upmarket. There is no word, however, on Mahindra tweaking the engine to produce more power. In light of competition from the Renault Duster, Nissan Terrano and the Tata Safari Storme, the updated XUV500 should help Mahindra keep it relevant.
Image source: Team-BHP
Starts Rs 12.23 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10.84 Lakhs
- FeaturesReplicas of "World's First Car" being made in Coimbatore
- NewsDucati teases a new Monster, to be unveiled on December 2
- NewsGovt of India: Only BIS certified two-wheeler helmets can be manufactured and sold in the country
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application