Spied: Maruti Suzuki S-Cross testing in India with a 1.6l diesel engine
Maruti Suzuki's ticket to the cross-over party, the S-Cross was spotted testing in India sans camouflage. The car in this image looks like a production ready version. A 1.6-litre badge indicates that the car could either be kitted with the 1600cc petrol or diesel mill. The petrol mill belts out 120PS of power and 156Nm of torque. The diesel engine also produces the same power but churns out nearly double the torque at 320Nm.
Although there is no badging that helps identify the variant on test, the car in the image could be the top end trim that will come with all the bells and whistles such as alloy wheels, rear windscreen wipe and wash, dual airbags, ABS and projector lights. The upcoming S-Cross may also come with Maruti's smartplay infotainment system that was introduced in the Ciaz.
The images also reveal rear parking sensors, plastic skid plates and silver finish roof rails. Maruti Suzuki may launch the car in India by mid-2015. There are also rumours that the new car may be named Maruti Suzuki Across.
Starts Rs 8.39 Lakhs
- NewsCar Sales November 2020: Hyundai India records highest ever numbers for the month
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Kia Sonet becomes bestselling compact SUV again
- NewsCastrol India launches Power1 Ultimate full synthetic two-wheeler engine oil
- NewsYamaha FZS FI gets a Vintage Edition with BT connectivity, priced at Rs. 1.09 lakh
- NewsNovember 2020 sales: Bajaj Auto sells 3.84 lakh two-wheelers, registering a growth of 12 per cent