Spied: Likely Linea replacement, the Fiat Aegea
An undisguised pre-production Fiat Aegea was spotted testing recently. On appearances, the pre-production model is very similar to the concept that was unveiled earlier this year at the Istanbul Motor Show. Similar to the concept, the pre-production Aegea has neat creases running along the sides, the hood and the roof. The front end gets the same hexagonal grille that flows neatly into the headlamps. At the rear, almost everything, including the lamps, the integrated spoiler and the bumper, come straight out of the concept.
Powering the Fiat Aegea will be the company's MultiJet II engines. The diesel engines will be 1.3-litre and 1.5-litre units depending on the markets, while the petrol mill's capacity will be 1.4 litre. The power output figures are expected to be between 95PS and 120PS.
The Aegea will be manufactured at Fiat's Turkish plant with a capacity of around 7 lakh units, and will be exported from there. It will initially be sold in around 40 markets, including West Asia, Africa and Europe. While a right-hand drive version won't be available at first, it should be in the pipeline in order to enter the UK market. Currently, there aren't any plans of bringing the Aegea to India, however, it could eventually find its way here to replace the ageing Linea.
Image source: arabavcisi
Starts Rs 7.06 Lakhs
- FeaturesCounter to COVID - MTDC flags-off its motorhome and campervan
- NewsExclusive Mini Convertible Sidewalk Edition launched at Rs 44.9 lakh
- NewsRenault Kwid Neotech edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.30 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Tata Altroz turbo-petrol specs and prices leaked ahead of launch
- NewsFirst-ever Hyundai i20 N Line revealed, with same mechanicals but sportier looks