Skoda Kodiaq RS could debut in Europe by October
According to reports, Skoda will debut a high-performance RS version of its flagship SUV, the Kodiaq at the Paris Motor Show in October. The Skoda Kodiaq RS will be the second RS model in the carmaker's line-up after the Skoda Octavia RS.
Picture for representation only
The Kodiaq RS will likely be available in a single diesel engine option. The 2.0-litre twin-turbo motor is already available in the international spec Volkswagen Passat where it produces 240PS and 500Nm. Performance figures for the Kodiaq RS should be in the same ballpark as the Passat which gets from 0 to 100 kmph in 6.1s and on to a top speed of 250 kmph.
The Kodiaq RS will also get a host of visual upgrades common to Skoda's RS cars. These will most likely be blacked out full-LED headlamps, aggressive front and rear bumpers, a stiffer suspension setup along with a drop in ride height, and larger tyres. Interiors should see sports seats, Alcantara trim and an all black layout, along with most features already found in the standard top-spec Kodiaq.
If launched in India, the Kodiaq RS will come in at around the Rs 40 lakh mark which puts it in the crosshairs of a number of luxury SUVs. This is a disadvantage, but Indian buyers have always shown interest in Skoda's RS cars, and the Kodiaq RS could fill out a niche not seen so far in India.
Here is the Skoda Kodiaq RS First Drive Video Review
Starts Rs 34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16 Lakhs
Starts Rs 30.2 Lakhs
- NewsKia to reinvent and relaunch brand, new logo coming in early 2021
- NewsMercedes-Benz takes bigger stake in Aston Martin in new technical partnership
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Yamaha MT-09 unveiled, launch expected in 2021
- NewsFacelifted Honda CR-V Special Edition launched in India at Rs 29.50 lakh
- NewsKarnataka Govt. offers support to Tesla to setup manufacturing and R&D base