Skoda India introduces 'Single Wicket' - Pan India programme for young aspiring cricketers
Skoda India introduces a nationwide programme, 'Single wicket' to encourage young and aspiring cricketers under 12 and 14 years of age. The 'Single wicket' programme will be organised between July 2019 and August 2020. The programme will witness the participation of 1,00,000 students from 5,000 schools across 50 cities Pan India.
Single Wicket programme is a six-ball/one over tournament played between two players alternatively. Each player will get a chance to bat and then bowl. The participants will be judged by a panel of the jury during the city trials. Top eight performers from each category will be taken forward to the 'City finals'. Shortlisted 100 participants in U-12 and U-14 categories will travel to Mumbai, Maharashtra along with their parents or guardians for the national finale. Skoda has also organised engagement zones for the parents or and the guardians of the participants.
The national champions across two categories will be awarded Rs 10 lakh each while the runners up will be awarded Rs 5 lakh each. Kids from the trials will take home the official Skoda Single Wicket jerseys also the participants from 'City finals' will be awarded prizes worth Rs 15,000 each.
Commenting on the introduction of the Skoda Single Wicket, Zac Hollis, Director - Sales, Service and Marketing, Skoda Auto India said, "With Single Wicket, we celebrate the spirit of cricket and sportsmanship, in India. This first of its kind nationwide talent search programme is an innovative exercise to reach out to our customer, transcending geographies, and, who knows, in doing so we may discover India's next-gen cricketing stars."
Starts Rs 7.49 Lakhs
- NewsTwo-Wheeler Festive Offers: Gift vouchers worth Rs 6,000 on Okinawa electric scooters
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2
- NewsUpcoming KTM Adventure motorcycles: 250 Adventure launch in November 2020, 890 Adventure expected in 2021
- News2020 Bajaj CT 100 KS, priced at Rs 46,432, is the most affordable 100cc motorcycle
- NewsMercedes-Benz India delivers 550 cars during Navratri and Dussehra 2020