Shrijis 1924 Rolls-Royce wins trophy at Pebble Beach
At the recently concluded 62nd annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance event, Shriji Arvind Singh Mewar of Udaipur's Rolls-Royce GLK 21 won the Lucius Beebe trophy. It is the only Indian entry to have a won a trophy at the prestigious event where only rare and exquisite cars are invited.
On this occasion, a 194-page coffee table book dedicated to the history and restoration of the Rolls-Royce GLK 21 was released by the House of Mewar. It also outlines the family's association with Rolls-Royce over seven generations. The car was reported to have been brought by the family and was used by them for a long time. However, there came a time when it was going to be cannibalized for its spare parts and Shriji spotted the car. Having a passion for restoring classic cars, Shriji resurrected it to its former glory, a process which took seven to eight years and involved Rolls-Royce restoration expert Graham Ashley-Carter.
- Great Wall Motor quits India after 2 years of operation
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza facelift dimensions, variants revealed ahead of launch
- Mahindra Scorpio-N Vs Mahindra XUV700: What's different?
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder officially unveiled