Seven-seater Tata Harrier SUV spotted in Pune - launch expected early 2020
Tata Harrier was launched in India in January this year. Not so long into its life cycle Tata updated the SUV with editions and features. Recently, Tata launched the Dark Edition and Pro edition of the Harrier. That said, the recent spy pictures unveil that the seven-seater version of the same could be in the works and expect to see it in the flesh at 2020 Delhi Auto Expo. The seven-seater Harrier is likely to be dubbed the Buzzard.
The Buzzard will be based on the same Omega platform as the Harrier, however, the SUV will have extended dimensions to accommodate the third row of seats. The Buzzard will be positioned as a flagship Tata model and will rival the Mahindra XUV500 as it is the only SUV in the segment to offer three-row seating.
The engine on offer is expected to be an FCA sourced 2.0-litre diesel engine that could put out 170PS and 350 Nm of torque. Given the launch could be closer to the deadline set by the government for BSVI emission compliancy, it is safe to assume the diesel engine could be BSVI ready. Most likely, the Buzzard (seven-seater Harrier) could be offered with an optional all-wheel drive drivetrain along with an optional automatic transmission.
The prices are expected to be between Rs 16-19 lakh ex-showroom India, which could then place it above the Tata Hexa.
Image source - Kevin Abraham
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.23 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.75 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - Views of T. R. Raghunandan, Ex-IAS officer