SAIC previews Roewe R-Aura Concept EV flagship in sketches
Roewe, a premium brand owned by the makers of MG Motor, SAIC, has unveiled the first renders of its new flagship EV concept. The Roewe R-Aura Concept will make its global debut on May 10.
The R-Aura carries a striking four-door coupe look, with heavily accented lines along the car's beltline and over the wheelarches. This is complemented by the heavily sloped roofline, and the slim all-LEd lighting elements. Other sporty elements are the enlarged wheels, the protruding front splitter that curves into what looks like a carbon rocker panel and ends with the large diffuser at the rear of the car.
More tech visible in these photos is the solar-panel roof, the rear-view cameras, a 5G connectivity suite and an external touchpad for entry into the car. Details about the R-Aura are scarce as of now but we think this could be pitched as a rival to the Tesla Model S, and come with a dual-motor AWD set up that draws juice from a roughly 90 kWh battery. We expect the range to be upwards of 600km in the top versions and a 0 to 100 kmph time of around 3s.
The R-Aura will launch a new high-end EV-only sub-brand called R. The premium Roewe brand was founded in 2006 and through it SAIC caters to buyers in its home-market who are looking for a home-grown substitute for foreign brands from Japan and Europe.
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2
- NewsUpcoming KTM Adventure motorcycles: 250 Adventure launch in November 2020, 890 Adventure expected in 2021
- News2020 Bajaj CT 100 KS, priced at Rs 46,432, is the most affordable 100cc motorcycle
- NewsMercedes-Benz India delivers 550 cars during Navratri and Dussehra 2020
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno reaches 8 lakh sales milestone in 5 years