SAIC previews Roewe R-Aura Concept EV flagship in sketches
Roewe, a premium brand owned by the makers of MG Motor, SAIC, has unveiled the first renders of its new flagship EV concept. The Roewe R-Aura Concept will make its global debut on May 10.
The R-Aura carries a striking four-door coupe look, with heavily accented lines along the car's beltline and over the wheelarches. This is complemented by the heavily sloped roofline, and the slim all-LEd lighting elements. Other sporty elements are the enlarged wheels, the protruding front splitter that curves into what looks like a carbon rocker panel and ends with the large diffuser at the rear of the car.
More tech visible in these photos is the solar-panel roof, the rear-view cameras, a 5G connectivity suite and an external touchpad for entry into the car. Details about the R-Aura are scarce as of now but we think this could be pitched as a rival to the Tesla Model S, and come with a dual-motor AWD set up that draws juice from a roughly 90 kWh battery. We expect the range to be upwards of 600km in the top versions and a 0 to 100 kmph time of around 3s.
The R-Aura will launch a new high-end EV-only sub-brand called R. The premium Roewe brand was founded in 2006 and through it SAIC caters to buyers in its home-market who are looking for a home-grown substitute for foreign brands from Japan and Europe.
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet
- NewsLimited edition Diavel 1260 Lamborghini draws inspiration from 820PS Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsAprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter to enter production soon, launch expected in January 2021
- NewsHonda CMX1100 Rebel powered by Africa Twin's 1100 unveiled
- NewsRolls-Royce Dawn, Wraith and Cullinan Black Badge cars get Neon Nights variants, limited to three each