Renault to launch a sub-four-metre sedan in India by 2021
Renault India has confirmed to a news outlet that it plans to launch a sub-four-metre sedan India by 2021. This is the latest development in its offensive to gain market share in India and will follow the recently launched Renault Triber MPV and a related sub-four-metre SUV due next year. India is expected to be a production hub for this sedan, with exports to Africa, SE Asia and South America playing a major role.
The new sedan will be based on another derivation of the brand's CMF-A platform as seen on the Kwid and Triber. There will be changes made to it to suit the sedan package with space management playing a big role, given the learnings from the Triber. The 1.0-litre petrol from the Triber with 72PS and 96Nm torque can be expected, although we think a more powerful motor might find its way here too.
The new sedan will contest in possibly the second most competitive small-car market segment in India after the sub-four-metre SUV space. Cars like the Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Honda Amaze, Tata Tigor, Ford Aspire and Volkswagen Ameo are all good sellers for their firms. This space will also see some new entrants like the new Hyundai Xcent over the next few months.
Starts Rs 5.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.1 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.73 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.3 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.75 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.96 Lakhs
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Government confident of local manufacturing of lithium-ion EV batteries by 2022
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Triumph Trident 660 first ride review