Spied: Renault Kwid testing in Chennai ahead of its launch in India
The soon-to-be launched Renault Kwid was recently spotted testing in Chennai. This entry level hatchback is based on the CMF-A platform that is a result of the Renault-Nissan collaboration. It will run an 800cc four-valve three-cylinder petrol engine mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. There's talk of an AMT in the pipeline too. The car will be offered with up-market features such as a Bluetooth connectivity and a seven-inch integrated touchscreen infotainment system seen in the Lodgy and Duster.
This car is said to have been developed specifically for India. Carlos Ghosn, Nissan chairman and group CEO, stated that safety was a key area of focus while they were developing this car and hence it would meet all regulatory norms. Renault has confirmed that the Kwid will get airbags as an option.
Renault is targeting rivals such as the Hyundai Eon and the current market leader, the Maruti Suzuki Alto. We expect the ex-showroom prices to be around Rs 3-4 lakh and the launch to happen in the festive season between September and November.
Source: Indian Autos Blog
More from OVERDRIVE on the Renault Kwid:
Starts Rs 2.92 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh
- Comparison test: KTM 390 Adventure vs Royal Enfield Himalayan BSVI vs BMW G 310 GS vs Hero Xpulse 200