Spied: Renault Kwid testing in Chennai ahead of its launch in India
The soon-to-be launched Renault Kwid was recently spotted testing in Chennai. This entry level hatchback is based on the CMF-A platform that is a result of the Renault-Nissan collaboration. It will run an 800cc four-valve three-cylinder petrol engine mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. There's talk of an AMT in the pipeline too. The car will be offered with up-market features such as a Bluetooth connectivity and a seven-inch integrated touchscreen infotainment system seen in the Lodgy and Duster.
This car is said to have been developed specifically for India. Carlos Ghosn, Nissan chairman and group CEO, stated that safety was a key area of focus while they were developing this car and hence it would meet all regulatory norms. Renault has confirmed that the Kwid will get airbags as an option.
Renault is targeting rivals such as the Hyundai Eon and the current market leader, the Maruti Suzuki Alto. We expect the ex-showroom prices to be around Rs 3-4 lakh and the launch to happen in the festive season between September and November.
Source: Indian Autos Blog
More from OVERDRIVE on the Renault Kwid:
Starts Rs 2.92 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained
- 2022 Toyota Hilux specifications revealed ahead of India launch